Capital Growth training
Learn about urban food growing and running community gardens with our hands-on sessions in gardens across London, covering six themes:
- Urban food growing: Start from the basics to get it right
- Growing enterprise: Focus on enterprising ideas and selling produce
- Get children growing: Engage children and young people outdoors
- Grow for it! Learn something new or unusual
- Growing culture: Focus on London's food growing heritage
- Growing connections: Growing for health, wellbeing and community
Our 2019 training programme brings together the expertise of our 15 Hubs and Partners and independent trainers for an excited programme tailored just for you! All courses, more details and booking via Eventbrite.
We've got a harvest promotion on all our upcoming courses!
20% off all autumn courses when booking via Eventbrite. Promo. code 'Harvest20'.
- Outdoor and community cooking Sun 8th, 10.30am. Wild Cat Wilderness SE6 4PL
- Designing an urban forest garden Tues 10th, 6pm. Nubian Life Centre W12 7BW
- Pruning for beginners Wed 11th, 6pm. The Skip Garden N1C 4AQ
- Making ointments, balms and salves Sat 14th, 10.30am. Spitalfields City Farm E1 5AR
- Growing Magic: Explore the holy, healing and wicked aspects of plants (Growing Culture) Wed 18th, 6pm. The Skip Garden N1C 4AQ
- Save, share, love: seed saving for beginners (Growing Culture) Thurs 19th, 6pm. Rainbow Grow, E8 3AZ
- Sustainable cut flowers for enterprise Sat 21st, 10.30am. Sydenham Gardens SE26 4AB
- Growing autumn and winter veg Tue 24th, 6pm. Regent's Park Allotment Garden, NW1 4NR
- Making space for Forest Schools Wed 25th, 6pm. Wild Cat Wilderness SE6 4PL
- An introduction to straw bale gardening Sat 28th, 10.30am. Beckenham Place Park BR3 1SY
- Bottle jungles and miniature deserts: How to make edible terrariums Sat 5th, 10.30am. Beckenham Place Park, BR3 1SY
- Preserves and conserves: Making the most of your produce (Growing Culture) Sat 12th, 10.30am. St Mary’s Garden E2 8EL
- Winter warmer – Immune boosting recipes Sat 26th, 10.30am. Spitalfields City Farm, E1 5AR
- Munchable mushrooms: Cultivation for beginners Sat 9th, 10.30am. Rainbow Grow, E8 3AZ
Booking & Payment
Workshops start at £15 for Capital Growth member gardens (member rates apply to all Capital Growth members, staff and volunteers) and London Food Link Supporters. Advance booking via Eventbrite is essential. If you're not already a member, why not join? It's free and easy to register with Capital Growth.
N.B. Thanks to National Lottery Heritage funding for our Growing Culture training courses, National Lottery players are eligible for a 20% discount, please get in touch with us at email@example.com for more information.
Bursaries are available for the unwaged. For enquiries about bursaries or group discounts, bespoke training or site visits contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the Capital Growth email list
Hear about events, training and news from London's largest food growing network.Join us