Capital Growth training
Learn about urban food growing and running community gardens with our hands-on sessions in gardens across London, covering six themes:
- Climate resilience: Sustainability and growing for the future
- Grow for nature: Improving biodiversity, habitat creation and growing organically
- Growing Connections: Growing for health, wellbeing and community
- Growing Culture: Focus on London's food growing heritage
- Growing enterprise: Focus on enterprising ideas and selling produce
- Get children growing: Engage children and young people outdoors
Covid 19 - Following the latest advice from the government on social distancing and the risk to the UK having been raised to high, Sustain are cancelling all training and events until the end of April 2020. We hope to run the training that we had scheduled between March and May later in the year, but will keep this page updated as we learn more.
Hope to see you all at a training session or garden again soon.
Take care, from us all at Capital Growth x
- Go Tropical! 8 crops for the hot weather: gourds, sweet potatoes, snake beans and more Sat 2nd 10:30. Myatt’s Fields Park Greenhouse, SE5 9RA
- Social and Therapeutic Horticulture Wed 13th 18:00. Sydenham Garden, SE26 4AB
- Building Earth Pizza Ovens Sat 16th 10:30. Sydenham Garden, SE26 4AB
- Mushroom Cultivation for Beginners: Grow your own oysters Sun 17th 10:30. The Regent’s Park Allotment Garden, NW1 4NR
- Asian Veg Plot: Korean kimchi, Japanese aubergines, a Vietnamese herb garden and more Wed 3rd 18:00. Myatt’s Fields Park Greenhouse, SE5 9RA
- Fermentation for Beginners: Sauerkraut and Kimchi Sun 7th 10:30. Surrey Docks Farm, SE16 5ET
- Teaching the Primary Curriculum Through Food Growing and Outdoor Space Wed 10th 18:00. Reay Primary School, SW9 0EN
- Growing Alternative Crops for a Changing Climate Fri 26th 10:30. Streatham Common Community Garden, SW16 3BX
- Growing Autumn and Winter Veg Wed 2nd 18:00. The Regent’s Park Allotment Garden, NW1 4NR
- How to Process Linen from Stalk to Fibre (Part 2) Sat 12th Castle Climbing Centre Garden, N4 2HA
- Growing Autumn and Winter Veg Wed 16th 18:00. The Regent’s Park Allotment Garden, NW1 4NR
- Fermental Health: Preserving surplus food Wed 23rd 18:00. Streatham Common Community Garden, SW16 3BX
- Mushroom Cultivation for Beginners: Grow your own oysters Sat 3rd 10:30. The Regent’s Park Allotment Garden, NW1 4NR
- Rethinking Urban Weeds Sun 11th 14:00. Surrey Docks Farm, SE16 5ET
- Pruning and Winter Management of a Fruit Garden Sat 24th 10:30. Streatham Common Community Garden SW16 3BX
More training courses for 2020 are being added all the time so watch this space!
Our 2019 training programme brought together the expertise of our 15 Hubs and Partners and independent trainers for an exciting programme tailored just for you! All courses, more details and booking via Eventbrite. Take a look at our training calendar for 2019 to get an idea what's to come in 2020.
Booking & Payment
Workshops start at £15 for Capital Growth member gardens (member rates apply to all Capital Growth members, staff and volunteers) and London Food Link Supporters. Advance booking via Eventbrite is essential. If you're not already a member, why not join? It's free and easy to register with Capital Growth.
Bursaries are available for the unwaged. For enquiries about bursaries or group discounts, bespoke training or site visits contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the Capital Growth email list
Hear about events, training and news from London's largest food growing network.Join us