Capital Growth training
Learn about urban food growing and running community gardens with our hands-on sessions in gardens across London, covering four themes:
- Urban food growing: Start from the basics to get it right
- Growing enterprise: Focus on enterprising ideas and selling produce
- Get children growing: Engage children and young people outdoors
- Grow for it! Learn something new or unusual
Our July-October training programme is now live and booking for all courses is now available via Eventbrite.
Get 15% off Capital Growth training with the promotional code 'LastChance15'. Limited offer, expires 20 October 2018.
- Sat 1 10:30am - 1.30pm How to start seed saving: Growing, saving and sharing, The Albany Garden, SE8
- Wed 5 6.00pm - 8.30pm Growing autumn and winter vegetables, The Skip Garden, N1C
- Sat 8 10.30am - 1.30pm Making ointments, balms & salves Spitalfields City Farm, E1
- Wed 12 6.00pm - 8.30pm Income generation for community gardens, The Regent's Park, NW1
- Sat 15 10.30am - 4.00pm Building earth pizza ovens, Wildcat Wilderness Garden, SE6
- Wed 26 6.00pm - 9.00pm Introduction to Honey Bee biology: Principles of sustainable beekeeping practice and wider environmental context, The Castle Climbing Centre Garden, N4
- Sat 29 10.30am - 1.30pm Mushroom Cultivation for beginners, St Lukes Community Centre, EC1V
- Sat 6 10.30am - 1.30pm Make your own natural household & skincare products using common herbs Whetstone Stray Allotments, N12
- Tue 9 6.00pm - 8.30pm Introduction to forest gardening, Cecil Sharp House, NW1
- Sat 13 10.30am - 1.30pm Natural winter cures for coughs and colds, Spitalfields City Farm, E1
- Sat 20 10.30am - 1.30pm Sustainable cut and edible flowers for enterprise, Sydenham Garden, SE23
Booking & Payment
Workshops start at £15 for Capital Growth members and London Food Link Supporters. Advance booking via Eventbrite is essential.
Bursaries are available for the unwaged. For enquiries about bursaries or group discounts, bespoke training or site visits contact email@example.com.
Join the Capital Growth email list
Hear about events, training and news from London's largest food growing network.Join us