Capital Growth training
Learn about urban food growing and running community gardens with our hands-on sessions in gardens across London, covering six themes:
- Urban food growing: Start from the basics to get it right
- Growing enterprise: Focus on enterprising ideas and selling produce
- Get children growing: Engage children and young people outdoors
- Grow for it! Learn something new or unusual
- Growing culture: Focus on London's food growing heritage
- Growing connections: Growing for health, wellbeing and community
Our 2019 training programme brings together the expertise of our 15 Hubs and Partners and independent trainers for an excited programme tailored just for you! All courses, more details and booking via Eventbrite.
We've got a summer promotion on all our upcoming courses!
10% off all courses when booking via Eventbrite. Promo. code 'Summer10'. Offer ends 31 July 2019
- Understand and support the soil food web Tue 2nd, 18:00. Nubian Life Resource Centre W12 7BW
- Garden weeds: Food, medicine and fertiliser Wed 3rd, 18:00. Edible Landscapes London N4 1BY
- Fermenting: Sauerkraut, kimchi and fruit drinks (Growing Culture) Sat 6th, 10:30. Hackney Herbal E9 5LD
- Foraging walk talk and taste: Summer’s bounty revealed Sat 13th, 10:30. Edible Landscapes London N4 1BY
- Facilitating nature connection, play and natural movement for community building Tue 16th, 18:00. St Mary’s Garden E2 8EL
- Growing autumn and winter veg Wed 17th, 18.00. Regent’s Park Allotment Garden NW1 4NR
- Environmental therapy workshop: Attunement to nature and seasonal cycles Sat 20th, 10.30. Whetstone Stray Allotments N12 7DX
- Mindful gardening: Slow grows it Wed 24th, 18.00. Whetstone Stray Allotments N12 7DX
- Outdoor and community cooking Sat 27th, 10.30. Wild Cat Wilderness SE16 4PL
- Building earth pizza ovens Sat 3rd, 10.30am. Sydenham Garden Resource Centre SE23 2LW
- Growing autumn and winter veg Wed 14th, 6pm. Regents Park Allotment Garden NW1 4NR
Booking & Payment
Workshops start at £15 for Capital Growth member gardens (member rates apply to all Capital Growth members, staff and volunteers) and London Food Link Supporters. Advance booking via Eventbrite is essential. If you're not already a member, why not join? It's free and easy to register with Capital Growth.
N.B. Thanks to National Lottery Heritage funding for our Growing Culture training courses, National Lottery players are eligible for a 20% discount, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Bursaries are available for the unwaged. For enquiries about bursaries or group discounts, bespoke training or site visits contact email@example.com.
Join the Capital Growth email list
Hear about events, training and news from London's largest food growing network.Join us