Capital Growth Training
Learn about urban food growing and running community gardens with our hands-on sessions in gardens across London, covering four themes:
- Urban food growing: Start from the basics to get it right
- Growing enterprise: Focus on enterprising ideas and selling produce
- Get children growing: Engage children and young people outdoors
- Grow for it! Learn something new or unusual
Our April-June Training programme is live and booking for April courses is now available via Eventbrite.
- Wed 4 6.00pm - 9.00pm Managing and developing volunteers The Skip Garden, N1C
- Thu 5 6:00pm - 8:30pm Organic urban food growing for beginners The Skip Garden, N1C
- Sat 7 10:30am - 1:30pm Urban garden management: thriving green places in tiny grey spaces Pop Brixton and Brixton Orchard, SW9
- Tue 10 6:00pm - 8:30pm Introduction to Permaculture Cecil Sharp House, NW1
- Sat 14 10:30am - 1:30pm Creating a wildlife friendly food garden St Luke's Community Centre, EC1V
- Wed 18 6:00pm - 8:30pm Design and plan your food garden The Regent's Park, NW1
- Wed 25 6:00pm - 8:30pm Growing food with children and young people The Regent's Park, NW1
- Sat 28 10:30am - 1:30pm Foraging walk, talk and taste: hone your skills for a new season Edible Landscapes London, N4
- Thu 3 6:00pm - 8:30pm Natural pest management and companion planting The Skip Garden, N1C
- Wed 9 6:00pm - 8:30pm Understanding soil life, composting and wormeries The Regent's Park, NW1
- Sat 12 10:30am - 1:30pm Creating and maintaining beautiful communal gardens Pop Brixton and Brixton Orchard, SW9
- Wed 30 6:00pm - 9.00pm Introduction to social and therapeutic horticulture Sydenham Gardens, SE23
- Sat 2 10:30am - 1:30pm Midsummer medicinal herbs: Fresh forage on you doorstep Edible Landscapes London, N4
- Wed 13 6:00pm - 8:30pm Nature connection: exploring mindfulness in the garden The Regent's Park, NW1
- Sat 16 10:30am - 1:30pm Keeping chickens Spitalfields City Farm, E1
- Sat 23 10:30am - 1:30pm Creating and maintaining an edible urban oasis Pop Brixton and Brixton Orchard, SW9
- Wed 27 6:00pm - 8:30pm Understanding wild bees: diversity, habitats and planting for pollen Castle Climbing Centre, N4
In 2017 Capital Growth delivered 25 courses at 9 members' spaces with 355 participants. In 2018, with you help, we will partner with even more spaces to host more than 40 courses.
Booking & Payment
Workshops start at £15 for Capital Growth members and London Food Link Supporters. Advance booking via Eventbrite is essential.
Bursaries are available for the unwaged. For enquiries about bursaries or group discounts, bespoke training or site visits contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the Capital Growth email list
Hear about events, training and news from London's largest food growing network.Join us