Enjoy a green fingered spring
Calling all Londoners! Spring has finally sprung and it’s time to embrace the outdoors with Capital Growth.
Learn about urban food growing and running community gardens with hands-on sessions in gardens across London.
The spring/summer training sessions continue up until the end of June and are covering four key themes:
- Urban food growing: Starting from the basics to get it right
- Growing enterprise: Focussing on enterprising ideas and selling produce
- Get children growing: Engaging children and young people outdoors
- Grow for it! Learn something new or unusual
Whether you’d like to hone your knowledge of wild edibles on a guided foraging walk, find out how to keep pests at bay with companion planting or learn about social and therapeutic horticulture, Capital Growth has a class for you.
Each 2-3 hour class is just £15 for Capital Growth members and London Food Link supporters, and £30 for eveyone else.
- Join Capital Growth for free
- Join London Food Link to support our work and get even more benefits for you
- See the full calendar of events and book a course now
A taster of upcoming classes
- Foraging walk, talk and taste: hone your skills for a new season
Saturday 28 April: 10.30am - 1.30pm. Edible Landscapes London, N4 1BY
- Natural pest management and companion planting
Thursday 3 May: 6.00 – 8.00pm. Sydenham Gardens, SE23 2LW
- Understanding soil life, composting and wormeries
Wednesday 9 May: 6.00 – 8.00pm. The Regent’s Park, NW1 4NR
- Creating and maintaining beautiful communal gardens
Saturday 12 May: 10.30am – 1.30pm. POP Brixton and Brixton Orchard, SW9 8PQ
London councils go the extra mile to support residents to grow food
Community gardens step up to grow food for over 1000 families affected by Covid-19
Time to celebrate our Urban Harvest
Support our work
Your donation will help communities grow more food in gardens across London.
Capital Growth is a project of Sustain: the alliance for better food and farming.