Celebrate community growing spaces across the UK this April
Join the weekend of action this April to celebrate all things community food growing, by registering your growing space on the Good to Grow map.
Community Gardens across the UK can now get involved in Good to Grow’s weekend of action, hosting virtual and Covid-safe in-person events, from Friday 23 - Monday 26 April to celebrate food growing and get ready for the season ahead.
The annual event hosted by Sustain’s food-growing networks, Good to Grow (national) and Capital Growth (London), provides the chance to welcome in new and old volunteers and community members to build beds, prepare compost and sow seeds to kick off the growing season.
In 2019, 114 growing spaces celebrated, and over 2,000 volunteers got involved. Last year’s unfolding pandemic meant we had to skip out on Good to Grow Day 2020, so we’re very excited for the interactive growing opportunities this year will bring!
To access resources and get involved, sign into your dashboard or register if your haven't yet:
Once registered, you will have access to a resource pack full of ideas and materials to help you run online and in-person events, plus info about our #GoodtoGrow2021 photo competition - a chance to win £100 for your garden.
The Good to Grow Network is free to register. Benefits to your garden include:
- Promotion of your community garden to volunteers & other organisations via our Good to Grow map.
- Access to our Harvest-ometer which allows you to track how much produce your garden has harvested.
- The opportunity to meet new people, and connect gardens and growing networks with members of your community.
- A helping hand in the garden in preparation for the upcoming growing season.
- Further support materials and advice from Good to Grow on community and volunteer engagement.
- Opportunities to be involved in other Good to Grow events.
New briefing sets out role councils should play in supporting food growing
A new urban farm in London
Urban agriculture and land justice reform in the UK
Support our work
Your donation will help communities grow more food in gardens across London.
Capital Growth is a project of Sustain: the alliance for better food and farming.