Grow Well, Feel Well
2:00 - 7:30pm, Wednesday 5 July
Cecil Sharp House, NW1 7AY
Join us for an afternoon of workshops, speakers and networking to learn more about health, well-being and growing food in the city. Capital Growth's summer network event will cover a variety of topics suited for community organisers, home growers, support workers and anyone interesting in urban agriculture.
Speakers will include Brighton & Hove Food Partnership and attendees can choose two workshops to take part in, with topics such as mindfulness, garden design for accessibility, demonstrating a project's impact, social and therapeutic horticulture, GardenFit and growing nutrient rich plants. There will also be time to meet other growers and enjoy light refreshments in the garden.
- 2:00 Explore the Cecil Sharp House permaculture garden and enjoy a cup of tea
- 2:30 Welcome and keynote speakers
- Beyond the hedgerow: Creating inclusive community gardens in Brighton & Hove (Jess Crocker, Harvest Manager, Brighton & Hove Food Partnership)
- Growing food on prescription: Growing Health and opportunities in social prescribing and commissioning (Sarah Williams, Programme Director, Sustain)
- 3:30 Choose a workshop
- Garden Fit: Improve fitness and avoid injury in the garden (Ida Fabrizio, The Castle Garden)
- Doing it and proving it works: How to effectively demonstrate a project’s impact (Jess Crocker, Brighton & Hove Food Partnership)
- Garden design for health and wellbeing (Tracey Brownlow, Trust Links)
- 5:00 Choose a second workshop
- Practicing mindfulness in the garden (Julie Henley-Wilkinson)
- Growing nutrient rich edible perennials (Susannah Hall and Kayode Olafimihan, London Permaculture Network)
- Therapeutic horticulture: Gardening for positive mental health (Tom Gallagher, Sydenham Garden)
- 6:15 Catch up on community news, meet other growers and snack on vegetarian light bites
Workshop registration will be open closer to the date on a first come, first served basis. Tickets are available via Eventbrite.