Growing For Change
The Growing For Change campaign supports London's urban food gardens to create community, climate and nature resilience.
Between April and September 2022, Capital Growth worked with 19 community leaders representing different urban food gardens across London to explore the opportunities and barriers gardens face in creating community, climate and nature resilience.
This work culminated in the production of:
- a London garden's handbook to support gardens
- a set of core values and guiding principles (included in the handbook)
- a self-assessment tool for gardens to measure their progress (included in the handbook)
Make the Growing For Change Pledge
We invite London's gardens to make the Growing For Change Pledge by taking the following actions:
- Download the Growing for Change handbook and read through our Core Values and Guiding Principles. Our garden leaders have helped bring our guiding principles to life with some beautiful examples from their gardens.
- Bring your garden members together to work through the Self-assessment Tool (also found in the handbook) to identify the areas where you are doing well, as well as areas for improvements.
- Login to your member dashboard to make the pledge. We ask gardens to commit to the Core Values and Guiding principles once they have read and agree with them by checking the Growing for Change pledge box on your member dashboard. If you're not already a Capital Growth member, you’ll first need to join the network for free here.
Support our work
Your donation will help communities grow more food in gardens across London.
Capital Growth is a project of Sustain: the alliance for better food and farming.