Home What's the big idea? I want to join Your local spaces Training Events Our support Themes News & press Million meals Volunteering Capital Bee Publications Contact us Donate
Join Capital Growth
If you are growing food in London in a group, at home or on an allotment you can join Capital Growth - London’s food growing network.
Capital Growth has helped over 2, 000 community food growing projects to get started in London, and now are open to anyone who grows food in the capital. Plus, if you grow food on a Capital Growth space you can now sign up as an individual and be linked to this space (see below).
Home growers & allotment holders
Individuals can now join our network and benefit from our advice and discounts, including training & events.
Why join Capital Growth?
Food growers across London who join will receive in-kind support. Joining is free and as well as having the opportunity to be part of a large movement promoting and supporting urban food growing, you will receive:
- Discounted training at our Regent’s Park training site and popular networking events
- Discounts on materials and giveaways to help you get growing
- Access to our exclusive ‘Harvest-ometer’, to record what you grow and calculate how much money you are saving (see Growing a Million Meals campaign for more information)
- Access to advice over the phone or on email and to our website members area
- Support on growing to sell and how to grow more food
- Help with finding volunteers, including chance to be part of our Edible Open Gardens and Big Dig days
How do I join Capital Growth?
If you grow food in London in a space one square metre or bigger, then you can join by clicking the link below and completing a simple form.
Before you start filling in your form you will be asked for a password and to agree to a short list of terms and conditions. You then register your details and information on your growing space.
Find and join your local group
If you are a member of a community food growing space that has already registered with us you can now join and link to this space, meaning that you can directly access our members area, emails and other benefits.
If you have your own plot on an existing growing space (i.e. your own raised bed) you can also register this plot once you have linked to the space. This will enable you to measure and record the amount of produce you grow using our ‘Harvestometer’.
Guidance notes are provided to help you complete the form but if you have any queries please contact the Capital Growth team at email@example.com or call 020 7065 0902.
We look forward to supporting you to grow food successfully and hopefully meeting you soon at one of our events.