Use this simple online tool to track how much food you grow and how much money you save
Available to all Capital Growth members for free, the Harvest-ometer stores your harvest yield data online, and then converts it into a monetary value and meal value based on weight. It also produces graphs that are perfect for motivating volunteers and pupils, engaging local stakeholders or showcasing your work to funders!
During the first two seasons of the Harvest-ometer from 2013 through 2014, over 189 growing spaces grew enough food to contribute to 502,000 meals, weighing over 40 tonnes and valued at £288k. We also found
- an estimated £2.4m of food is being grown each year across our network
- salads, squash, courgettes and potatoes are the most popular crops being grown in London
- the average yield per square metre is justt less than £3.50 per square meter
If you are growing food at home, on an allotment, at school or at a farm or community project:
- Sign up through our members area
- Grow some food
- Tell us what you grow on the Harvest-ometer
If you are not already a member of Capital Growth, you can join for free.
For more information contact Sarah@sustainweb.org