Our Growing Enterprise support helps Capital Growth sites who are trying out or running enterprise activities, fundraising events or selling produce to local restaurants and market stalls. Our support includes:
- site visits to help with crop planning
- grow-to-sell training
- match-making growers and buyers
- promotional events
The Growing Enterprise Matchfund is to encourage enterprising food production in London, particularly among those who are new to selling produce or are trying out new activities to generate income. This scheme is supported by the Mayor of London.
Congratulations to our Winter Matchfund applicants in 2017, who have each received up to £100 to ‘match’ the sales of their London-produced food or associated food products over the winter.
- Waste Not Tapenade (Keen to Green)
- Hackney Herbal
- Audacious Veg
- Winn Project
- The Bridge AP Academy Market Garden
- Charlton Park Academy Garden
- St Patrick's Kitchen Garden
The publications below are excellent resources for growers, both within and beyond London. Each are available to download and we hope you find them useful.
- Growing Enterprise Guide - Detailed advice and practical information about how to sell what you grow in the city, from small scale farmgate sales to full-fledged business
- Reaping Rewards II - New findings from the Harvest-ometer 2013-2014 growing season about harvest yields across London
- Grow More Food: Top Tips - An overview of how to improve your growing site's yield
- A Growing Trade - An informative report for communities looking to trade their produce
- A Healthy Profit - A simple guide to pricing the food you make or grow
For more information or to join the Growing Enterprise newsletter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org