Capital Growth for schools
We work with Food Growing Schools: London to help all schools in London grow their own food.
We are a network of all types of food growing spaces in London, and can signpost your school to local advice, training and events. We regularly run school-focused training and competitions, and joining is free. Capital Growth membership includes:
- A welcome pack with seeds, training calendar, and plaque
- An opportunity to join city-wide events like the Big Dig, aimed to help find volunteers
- Discounted training, including sessions designed for school staff
- Joining our online interactive map of Capital Growth gardens
- Access to our members' area with lesson plans and hand outs, like this one
- Monthly newsletter with info on funding, discounts & competitions
- Use of our Harvest-ometer, so pupils can predict and measure the value of food you grow
- A chance to visit our training allotment at Regent's Park
- Regular competitions and giveaways
Spring into Growing 2017: Plan it. Build it. Grow it!
Start the new year afresh with a school garden fit for growing healthy food, learning skills and sharing knowledge, whatever the size or space. With our expert guidance, learn the secrets to planning and constructing your school garden, working with recycled materials and nature, and developing a productive growing space, with the help of your local community.
- How to: Plan your school garden - what to do now
- How to: Construct your garden
- How to: Work with nature in your garden
- How to: Get help from your local community
Capital Growth is a partner of Food Growing Schools: London, led by Garden Organic and funded by the Big Lottery and Mayor of London. The aim is to support every school in London to grow food and is supported by a range of organisations.