Training Hubs & Partners
Capital Growth have been delivering food growing training in London since 2009 and in 2016 we formalised our Hub/Partner application process, to co-host training and bring more courses to more people across London. We deliver training around 6 broad themes:
- Climate resilience: Sustainability and growing for the future
- Grow for nature: Improving biodiversity, habitat creation and growing organically
- Growing connections: Growing for health, wellbeing and community
- Growing culture: Focus on London's food growing heritage
- Growing enterprise: Focus on enterprising ideas and selling produce
- Get children growing: Engage children and young people outdoors
Applications for 2020 are now open!
Interested in being a Capital Growth Hub or Partner in 2020?
We're looking for community gardens to be our Capital Growth Training Hubs in 2020, hosting training, Big Dig and Urban Harvest events alongside our Regents Park Allotment. We are also looking for Training Partners who would like to pilot 1 or more training course in 2020.
Previous feedback from Training Hubs/Partners has shown this is a great opportunity to "share our knowledge", "be part of a london-wide network" and reach out to "people new to the garden".
- For more information, please see application form below
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your application by Midday on Wednesday 8 January 2020
Interested in being a Capital Growth Trainer?
If you’d like to run a training session for Capital Growth, whether you’ve run one before or not, we are looking for fresh ideas that would inspire and educate our network. We pay £40/hour plus a £30 admin/expenses fee and our courses usually run for between 2 and 3 hours. E.g. for a 3 hour course the fee would be £150 (inclusive of VAT).
We will try to match suitable proposals with our training hubs and partner gardens either through our Capital Growth training programme where we delivered 39 courses in 2019, or through one of our many network and partner events, such as Grow Well Feel Well.
- For more information please see application form below
- Please have a look and see what we have delivered for our Capital Growth training sessions in the past.
- Send your applications to email@example.com by Midday Wednesday 8th January.
NB. Please note if you are applying to be a training hub/partner and would like to deliver training too, you will also need to submit a session proposal form.
2019 Training Hubs
- Christchurch Primary School, Wandsworth
- Hackney Herbal at the Trowbridge Centre
- Permablitz London
- Skip Garden
- Spitalfields City Farm, Tower Hamlets
- Sydenham Gardens
- The Regent's Park Allotment Garden, Westminster
2019 Training Partners
- Beckenham Place Park, Lewisham
- Cody Dock, Newham
- Edible Landscapes London, Haringey
- Rainbow Grow, Hackney
- Ruskin Park Garden, Lambeth
- St Mary's Secret Garden, Hackney
- Whetstone Stray Allotments, Barnet
- Wild Cat Wilderness, Lewisham
Read more about how our events nuture our network on this Shared Assets blog.